Sunday 22 June 2014

Hand Made Kids Clothing Swap 2014

This is the first time I've taken part in a blog swap, and what a great thing its been. Thanks to Jen at Mend and Make New for organising and coordinating the whole thing. I wasn't out of my comfort zone with my swap partner Anne's girls being a similar age to our little blossom. Having a month to make my item also made it more achievable. With two girls, I wanted to make something big enough to fit the oldest now and the younger one later. I didn't want any disappointment when the parcel arrived. I used a Burda pattern made in a size 6 and trimmed the dress with ruffles, zig zag stitching and buttons.


In return Anne made our Little Miss a beautiful bag. LM just loves bags of all shape and description; I think it's because she loves dragging huge amounts of stuff around wherever she goes. Anne told me the pattern is from one of her favourite sewing books: Little Things to Sew by Liesl Gibson (Oliver & S). Just like Anne and her children, we also call it the 'sparkle forest bag'. It's just lovely. Thanks so much Anne for making it for us.

We took it out with us to coffee in the weekend. LM was stoked to discover that it is the perfect fit for her ipad: which she sneaked out with us! And it also has plenty of little pockets for all those little girlie essentials.

Here is the lovely photos Anne sent to me. She said her girls were thrilled with the dress. I deliberately made it 'ice blue' following the generally safe assumption that all small girls are mad about Disney's Frozen. Little Miss was equally thrilled with the colour of her bag now that blue is her new favourite colour.
It is great to receive these lovely pics of two happy girls modelling their new dress. 

Hope you have all had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment