Still on the subject of previously unfinished projects, I was very happy to wear my latest creation out and about today. This ones been lingering unfinished in the cupboard for quite some time now. The pattern was originally made by me using a basic pattern block and adapting it to incorporate the wide shaped band and gathers.
The skirt's made in 3 parts with an invisible zip in the centre back. The band is really simple to make as it is faced with an identical set of fabric panels. All that is required is to gather the skirt into the band before sewing the side seams together. I found some perfectly matching red cotton tape and sewed it down each side seam to add a bit of contrast to the busy plaid pattern.
I didn't line the skirt as the fabric is thick enough to stand on its own.
Today I am wearing my skirt with a vintage Charmaine Reveley top. The weather obliged us today and it was lovely to enjoy a sunny summer's day together.